City of Courtenay
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of "Stores Keeper" in the Public Works Administrative Services Division of the Public Works Services Department. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions in the collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
This position is responsible for the purchase of goods and services in accordance with the Departmental needs, Purchasing Policy and approved budgets. The Stores Keeper oversees inventory using industry best practices, and coordinates various field inspection and replenishment service providers. Additional responsibilities include shipping, receiving and maintenance of the City Works Yard and, all associated assets.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Operations Management OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supply Management Training courses, or Association of Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) courses.
- Occupational First Aid Level II Certification
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Criminal Records check
- Sound (3 years) experience in supply management.
- Some experience in the effective use of a forklift
Experience/ Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Financial Management Systems
- Physical ability to frequently lift heavy objects (maximum of 50 lbs.), stand and walk throughout the day, and work in inclement weather.
- Considerable knowledge in inventory management best practices.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, analytical, computer and keyboarding skills
- Sound knowledge in WHMIS requirements and other work-related safety programs.
- Ability to deal courteously with City staff, vendors, contractors, the general public
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and work well independently
Additional Requirements after Hiring:
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification
- WHMIS Certification
- Job related safety training
This full-time position is available immediately. The current hourly wage rate is $32.78 based on a 40-hour work week.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter clearly outlining how they meet the requirements for this position and apply to this ad at www.courtenay.cajobs by September 27, 2020.
Date Posted: September 8, 2020