Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week
$63,918 – $75,368 annually plus benefits (2019 rates)
As a Support Analyst on the Help Desk team, you will provide a high level of customer service for all information technology and telecommunications support to City of New Westminster users. You will investigate and resolve software, hardware, and routine network and communications problems; perform a variety of systems administration tasks; assist in evaluating the software and hardware installation and configuration; develop and deliver training and orientation to users as required; provide audio visual services at Council meetings; and establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal contacts.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have a two-year diploma program in computer technology at an institute of technology or community college including courses related to network and communication systems technology, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You are adept at problem solving, figuring out how things work, and recommending solutions or improvements.
- You value being able to exceed expectations.
- You are proficient with Desktop Support Management tools, such as SCCM and GPO.
- You are highly proficient in systems administration and can install and configure computer software and hardware with ease.
- You have a passion for people and are skilled at building positive working relationships at all levels in an organization.
- You believe in providing excellent customer care at all times.
- You are a strong communicator that can present technical information to a variety of audiences using a variety of mediums.
- You are well versed with technology and can support new systems quickly.
- You are a continuous and lifelong learner.
- You exercise a high degree of initiative, independent judgement, and action.
- You can lift up to 20lbs.
- You can work overtime for Council meetings, if required.
The following industry certifications are considered assets:
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Associate
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume quoting competition #20-10, by September 30, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax 604-527-4619 or e-mail to [email protected].
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.