Health & Safety Coordinator, WhitecourtCompetition No: 2020-013
Full-time (36.25 hours/week)
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday
7:00 am to 3:15 pm
Competition Close Date:
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometres northwest of Edmonton, with an area of 7,668 square kilometres. The County surrounds the Town of Whitecourt and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake, and Fort Assiniboine. With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
The Health & Safety Coordinator leads the organization in health and safety for the municipality and is required to mentor and direct County employees in every aspect of Woodlands County’s health and safety program. As the Deputy Disaster Emergency Management, this position is required to work closely with the Chief Administrative Officer, deliver emergency training and update the emergency response plan.
This position is responsible for:
- Ensuring correct health and safety protocols support County operations
- Coordinating, developing and maintaining the County’s health, safety and risk control programs that include Health, Safety and Environmental Manual, Corporate Emergency Response Plan Manual, Pandemic Plan and Municipal Emergency Response Plan
- Workplace inspections, ensuring they are performed in accordance with the Health, Safety and Environmental manual.
- Working with key personnel, oversee building maintenance and security contracts for external service providers.
- Respond to after-hour calls when required
- Host and evaluate emergency response drills throughout the County
- Time commitment: 50% field, 50% office
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, able to work independently and as a team
- Understanding of ICS structure and emergency management models.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Health and safety diploma or certificate
- Certificated AMHSA auditor
- 5-7 years experience within the health and safety profession
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
Submit your cover letter and resume by referencing the competition number:
Email: [email protected]
In-Person/ Mail: PO Box 60
#1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt, AB T7S 1N3
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.