Equipment Operator IV - Utilities Maintenance
Equipment Operator IV - Utilities Maintenance #191
Closing Date: September 25, 2020
We are seeking a skilled Equipment Operator IV - Utilities Maintenance to join our team! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to expand your career, this is the opportunity for you. This position performs skilled, heavy-duty equipment operation work and involves the safe operation, routine maintenance, and lubrication of large mobile/tandem equipment, such as the sewer/flusher truck, septic truck, rodder machine, used in the construction and maintenance of wastewater, drainage, and water systems.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Work involves the safe and efficient operation of large mobile/tandem equipment used in the construction and maintenance of wastewater, drainage, and water systems.
- Operates equipment of a relatively complex nature consisting of, but not limited to, the sewer/flusher, rodding machine, and septic truck.
- Performs routine inspection, maintenance, and lubrication of equipment, and reports equipment problems that require mechanical servicing.
- Conducts regular maintenance of sanitary and storm sewer system by power flushing, rodding, and lift station cleaning, and documents and records the work completed on various City assets.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school or its equivalent.
- Completion of BC EOCP Level I certification in Wastewater Collection.
- BC Driver's Licence - Class 3 with air brake endorsement.
- Minimum one year’s previous experience operating large mobile equipment performing utilities maintenance activities within the past five years.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position. More than one may be hired.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (summer); 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (winter)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Utility Services
Utility Services Supervisor - Maintenance
September 25, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.